Thursday, January 04, 2007

Crossroads (loves insanity)

_____________________________

A sunset drive;
To contain the tension
To spur the wind undressing the prairie
A sound as trains untie the tracks
As stoplights tick the sum of discontent

Think of me arranging the fallen day
Through grim fields of unharvested smiles
Now dusting the faded sparkle from your eyes
Two half-moons rolling across the glass

Looking for truth in dying light
Near the ancient chorus of timeless evenings
As sunset hoovers on the horizon's pedestal
Like us perfectly installed as sculpture

That told me;

A woman means the desert looms
Waiting no more to receive the harvest
And leave a tangled wreath of memory
Burning in the autumn fields

And I feel;

I am in loves insanity
Tell me in heat from a thousand frequencies
To hear the hope of a thousand destinies
Call out to me from the fetid plains

Where I hear;

You are the gleaming
In a dull universe
Of uncounted reasons
Of unknown meanings

No comments: